a few websites…
- improvised music company – “an arts council funded resource for irish musicians and a specialist music promoter for jazz and ethnic music in ireland”
- journal of music – “an award-winning online magazine. published in ireland”
- jazz ireland – “jazz ireland provides a dedicated space where musicians, fans and venues can connect. we promote irish jazz events and aim to improve awareness of jazz in ireland.” handy site for when i’m home again.
- dublin jazz co-op – as the name says. they hold series of sunday-night shows at the workmans club on wellington quay, dublin
- musicnetwork.ie –
- dublin.jazznearyou.com –
… and a not completely comprehensive list of venues (pre-covid, so subject to change for the worse, unfortunately)
- arthur’s – jazz & blues. all the time.
- dublin jazz co-op – sunday nights, with a featured member group. do something different one of these sundays, you’ll not regret it.
- the music cafe – music regularly, often jazz. dublin jazz jam 1st & 3rd thursdays. small but cozy
- the international bar – sessions tues/thurs 21:30. dublin jazz jam 1st & 3rd sundays
- the national concert hall – don’t forget the nch!
- the big romance – organ freeman on sundays, the rest of the week is varied
- the sugar club – occasional jazz, hopefully to become more regular. such a nice place!
- lost lane – occasional jazz, hopefully to become more regular
- dublin unitarian church – like many churches, a fantastic venue
- the workman’s club – mostly just the dublin jazz co-op events, but who knows?
- the grand social – not much jazz, but occasionally
- the wild duck – do they still have live music?